Monday 10 March 2014

10th March 2014; Bump mapping test


 Today a friend of mine came to visit and showed me what to do when using bump map texturing. He also showed me how to create a diffuse


I have added many images to this material to give it a very nice multi purpose effect. Below I have downloaded an Image of cracked earth i order to learn about bump mapping.


Below are the three images I have created from the image above as well as how I used them to create the multi layered texture. The first is the self illumination map, which is used/created to give a source of lighting from a texture. so with this example, I hoped to create  a crack floor with lava underneath it. The cracks/the glowing sections are white, whilst section that I don't want to glow is black.




The second texture is used for the bump map texture, which uses the dark section of the texture to make the material look like it is being indented into.


Below is the bump mapping options, to which I have simply added the file for the bump map to render from.







No comments:

Post a Comment