Thursday 13 February 2014

13th February 2014: lighting and the problem of not extruding

The the day I was attempting to light up a scene I had made, however because the edges are so thin, they haven't got any thickness to them, this messes up the lighting and I had this pointed out to me by my tutor.
Today I will fix this lighting problem by combining the ships inside and outside to make it one object with thickness.




Using the append to polygon tool I will fix the gap created by trying to extrude the solar panel sections.







Above I combined the two meshes, the one that is the outside of the and the one that is the inner wall o the space ship. Then I mirrored the model and it should now be complete

I now believe I have given the space ship thickness, which will stop the light flowing through the walls.


Furthering my studies of lighting and how to achieve more realistic lighting.
Although the version of maya is at least 5 years old, I will see if the tutorial can still be followed as the result seems to be very nice and exactly what I am looking for.
After watching the tutorial and trying to follow it, I found that it hasn't helped me, it has given me some extra knowledge, but not enough, as there is no audio in the video to give more intricate instructions.
Such as if the window, has to not be existent


I have decided to use these tutorials another time as the scene has developed on from using lighting fog and I do not want to use it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment